AVRillo are specialist conveyancers and, as an essential part of our business, we obtain, store and process data for both our clients and non-clients. In doing this we observe the current UK data legislation as well as the EU General Data Protection Regulation. To help you understand how we operate we have developed this privacy notice that describes how your data is used at AVRillo. For more information regarding this notice or our use of your data then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Privacy Officer, AVRillo LLP, Gor-Ray House, 758 Great Cambridge Road, Enfield, EN1 3GN.
What data do we collect and use?
Whether or not you become a customer of AV Rillo we may use your details for the reasons below. If you become a customer of AV Rillo then we will use your personal data to fulfil our contract with you. The type of information we will use will be:
- Name, address and other personal information (e.g. contact details – telephone numbers, email address, employment information)
- Personal data about other individuals involved in the transaction
The legal basis and purposes for using your data
|Purpose for processing data||Legal basis for processing data|
|To administer or relationship with you, respond to enquiries and provide services||Performance of a contract|
|For billing and obtaining payment for services||Performance of a contract|
|To deal with and respond to complaints||To meet a legal obligation|
|To send emails to associated business partners and contacts||Legitimate interest of the business|
|To provide customers with “Customer Satisfaction Survey” requests||Legitimate interest of the business|
We may share your details with certain regulatory, professional and other bodies and business partners which help us in the provision of our service to the standard we wish to deliver on, which may include:
- Our IT service providers that help us with any internal IT issues
- Our outsourcing company, who are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who may, from time to time, process some of your information on our behalf as part of the conveyancing transaction
- Our case management software provider who provide and manage our client database programme
- We may also share your data with our governing body, including the Law Society, the Solicitors Regulation Authority and various law enforcement agencies if requested by them.
- Accounts auditors for the purposes of our annual audit review
- Auditors for certain accreditation bodies such as the Law Society Legal Excellence scheme which assist in our performance of our services and duties, Investors in People etc.
How long will the data be stored for?
We will take all steps possible to delete any personal data that is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained and processed. We will retain personal data for the length of time required to:
- Meet our legal and regulatory requirements
- Deal with claims, such as contract or negligence breaches
- Deal with queries
What are your rights relating to the use of your personal information?
For all uses made of your personal information you have the right to be informed about how we use your personal information, and this notice discharges that obligation. However, further rights may apply in different circumstances, as set out below
- Right of access – you have a right to access a copy of the personal information that is held about you (subject to Data Protection Laws)
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct personal information that is held about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the personal information held about you to be erased (please refer to our retention period advised above)
- Right to restrict processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict processing (please note this may impact our ability to carry out or services to you)
- Right to data portability – you have the right to have the personal information held about you to be transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing.
- Right to withdraw consent – in the circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific process at any time.
In the event you wish to exercise any of these rights then please submit your request in writing to the address provided above.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Types of Cookies Used on This Site
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Some of the cookies on our website are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. This includes accessing secure areas of the website.
Some of the cookies on our website collect information about how visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works.
Third Party Cookies
Our website also allows third parties to download cookies to your device. For example, cookies from sharethis.com are used to allow you to send a page from our website to your social media account such as Facebook or Twitter. Cookies from Google and YouTube are also used. The YouTube cookie is set on pages that contain YouTube videos. These third party cookies are not under our control. For further information about their use see sharethis.com, www.google.com and www.youtube.com.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.